Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The Bishop Moves Diagonally

Glenn Bishop did me the great honor of listing me as an interesting link on his blog. This surprised me, mostly because I thought that Glenn had ended his blog. I am overjoyed to see it back and Glenn actively involved in communicating with his fans and peers.

Glenn is one of those people who always has a great story to tell, who knows his history, and has been able to make an audience absolutely stunned while they love him to pieces. It's a rare talent. And I enjoy reading whatever he writes. It's not easy sometimes - Glenn has dyslexia, so it's not easy for him to write it. But it's always worth any struggle (Is it "i" before "e" except after "c" or when sounded like "a" as in "sleighbells" or "neigh"?) because he's always so darned interesting.

I have two of his DVD tutorials and, though they're pared to the minimum required to teach the routines, they surely keep me entertained.

He is also one of those people that internet kids just love to beat up on. I don't know why some people attract this sort of abuse, but Glenn's one of them. Every so often, he figures he's had enough and walks away from the 'net. We're very lucky that he decided to come back.

There's a technique he's been teaching that has card people all a'twitter. It's called the Punch Deck and I have to confess that I have no idea what it is or what it's used for. But from some of the descriptions I've heard from some people who know cards, it's a powerful piece of ammunition in their arsenal now. Glenn seems to be the acknowledged master of this technique, or at least the acknowledged master of teaching it.

But me? I'm still struggling with my double lifts. This is WAY beyond my skill levels!

1 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Bishop "Bish The Magish" said...

Thanks Chet it is nice to read something good about me on the web for a change.

I like your blog and wish you continued success.

Glenn Bishop

08:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Halloween Stuff